We’re Baaaaaaack!

Losing Cook Dollar Barn was one of the worst experiences we have lived through. It wasn’t just a store; it was an important social hub for the Pajari Girls, and our little town, too. Every day, the list of people and things we miss gets longer. And when people told us that there must be something even better around the corner, we KNEW they were lying.

Now, we are headed back. Back in “A Barn, if not “The Barn”.

So here’s the scoop: barring zoning, insurance or licensing issues, Her Highness The Queen of Poo (Lois) is hoping to open the Peterson family homestead as a petting farm/ event location this summer! Can we get a whoop whoop??

farm barnherd, pony, llama, goat, sheep

farm, barn, cat

great pyrenees, dog, boy, farm

walli, corgi, dog,

goat, farm, pajari girls

alpaca, farm, pajari girls

pony, farm, horse. girl guinea hens, fowl, poultry bunny, rabbit, zip, hens, chickens, farm, eggs Flemish Giant, rabbit, bunny donkey, the farm, pajari girls

About these ads

34 responses to this post.

1. Posted by Leon on November 5, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Very interesting. I like and yet I am apprehensive too. Life brings changes and changes can be good too. I am still a fan, Go Pajari Girls!!!!!

2. Posted by Donna on November 5, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Whoopie, I think that is wonderful news!!!!!

3. Posted by Monday Thursday Friday Kathy on November 5, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Those pictures alone should draw everyone in. Love to see the work has begun! But it’s the Pajari Girls that draw us. It is your love for life (even thru tragedy) and your determination (even tho you get knocked down-you will get up). We love you and we are rooting for you in this new venture. Whoop whoop!!

4. Posted by DeDe on November 5, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I want to be one of the first in line! Love animals and miss your store. So, whatever you do, I know it will be an asset to Cook.
    Maybe I can just come up and stay with the animals for a few days – like a B&B – or just Barn & Babies??

5. Posted by Jodi on November 6, 2013 at 4:27 am

I am so happy and excited for you guys!!!! I will definately be bringing my grandchildren and children if they behave to come and visit you guys but I would do that any ways LOL I am so proud of you guys and love you with all my heart!!!!

6. Posted by Leah on November 6, 2013 at 5:15 am

Whoop whoop!

7. Posted by carol on November 6, 2013 at 7:40 am

Wonderful news neighbor!!

8. yay! summer can’t come soon enough, can’t wait to see you lovely ladies again and to meet your animals. The only problem is the girls will probably want to live at the farm =) excited for your new endeavor. Good luck. Let us know if we can help out

• Thank you! That means so much…we live in THE BEST COMMUNITY ON EARTH!! And yeah, we are gonna need to figure out family season passes. :)

9. Posted by Beryl on November 6, 2013 at 10:03 am

Whoop, whoop! Micah will love it there……he also will probably not want to leave! Are you going to have sleep-overs for toddlers?

• LOL! We get that a lot. May need to work on some “exit strategies” for little ones… We are soooo excited! Lois, Jill and the kids have been saying forever that there HAS to be a way to stay on the farm all the time.

10. Posted by Lois Pajari on November 6, 2013 at 12:43 pm

This venture isn’t really all that “new”. I have wanted to have a petting farm for the last several years. (We had even worked out ways for the farm and the Dollar Barn to work together.) Every winter/spring I would get all excited about it, research, make phone calls and take notes And then summer would come. The store would get busy or an apartment would open and the farm would be put on hold for “town stuff”. It was really only a month ago or so that I realized that town wasn’t going to be calling anymore. And a few weeks after that for the thought to really click….”Wow….I could really do this now….” Who knew???

11. I am so there with the grandbabies!!!! I am happy happy happy for you girls!!

12. I am so happy for you guys and the kids are going to love coming to the Funny Farm! Congratulations!!

13. Posted by Marie on November 6, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Wonderful News!! Congratulations and best wishes!!

14. Posted by jeani on November 6, 2013 at 6:45 pm

WooHOO!! So happy for you!! Can’t wait to bring our first graders out for a visit this spring—-Yeah!!!

15. Posted by Lin on November 6, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Whoop Whoop!! Never mind the rascally kids. I want sleep overs for old timers!!

16. Posted by Jana on November 6, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I knew you’d find your way through all this and on to new things. How awesome! Congratulations!

• We weren’t so sure…but it’s a relief to have a plan worth looking forward to. Thanks for keeping the faith :) Say hi to the kids!

17. Posted by Andrea on November 6, 2013 at 9:54 pm

You get a Whoop Whoop from me!

18. Posted by Shawna Kishel on November 8, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Whoop! Whoop! Awesome. Ellie will be so happy and now the rest of the gran skids will be able to enjoy the farm too. Let me know what I can do to to help. Love the idea and all your courage.

19. Posted by Larkspur on November 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm

You know it, I’m in full support of your plans and dreams! I love it and love you all as well!

Comments are closed.

Dougie & JoBie

Doug friendly

via GiantGag.com

Killing time just got a lot funnier !

Juju Films

Cutting edge Multimedia Programming

Toes on the edge

the travels and adventures of my wife and I bringing a new life into the world and our attempt to become more self sufficient(also other rants, remedies and aimless wanderings)

The Girl in the Little Black Dress

Natalie. 16. Fashion Blogger.

diggintheearth

Gardening, Eating, Laughing, Living

leaf and twig

where observation and imagination meet nature in poetry

My Food And Flowers

Two of the Great Joys in Life!

2me4art

amy saab ~life as i see it.

Shine On Beautiful

Food. Healing. Living Free.

The Midwestern Jungle

A Slice of The Tropics in the Tundra

Diary of Dennis

Just another Diary and Blog about various Interests

My Foray Into Food Storage

A regular gal learning about Food Storage, Home Cooking, Canning, Gardening, and more!

Cooking without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Find Your Path Holistic Counseling

Come with me; I have a great idea...

MyLifeSuckers

Come with me; I have a great idea...

seventhvoice

WASP Women's Asperger's Syndrome Awareness Page - http://www.facebook.com/waspwantsyou

Cee's Photography

Living and learning to have fun with photography.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,023 other followers