Thank you Heather of Rambling of a Hedge Witch for awarding me the One Lovely Blog Award! I finally got around to really looking at your blog, and love the Pet Portraits blog, too..a very talented lady.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you (manners, people! manners!).
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
- Share 7 things about you.
- Pass the award on to seven nominees.
- Include this set of rules (important, otherwise confusion and mass hysteria ensues).
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
*If this is your first Blog Award Nomination, you might want to read this post. It’s things I wish I’d known earlier lol.
7 things about me:
- I have recently discovered I have a form of OCD involving spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I’m working on a post about that, but am extra-worried that I am doing something wrong.
- I don’t just love to laugh; I need to laugh. Daily. It’s part of how I battle depression, and I think I got the idea from Robin Williams. (But I’m fighting off a stomach bug and can only be upright for a short time. Sue me if I’m wrong.)
- My sister (The Queen of Poo, aka Boss Lady, aka Sissy Butt) says the best word to describe me is “irreverent”. “Insubordinate” was a close second. Whatever.
- I am on the fence about Blog Awards, but for today I find the pros outweigh the cons.
- We have two pets at my house, GF Peaches the neutered, male, half-Manx cat and Isabelle the Guinea Pig. (Any other creatures I talk about are my sister Lois’s.) That link is a YouTube video I made of GF playing piano/nippin’ out. He plays piano without catnip too.
- I am finally at a place in my life where I like who I am. This is not an accident; it took a lot of work. And a lot of mistakes, lol.
- I use texting shorthand quite a bit. The reasons? My female Spawn are 18 and 20 (our main form of communication is text), and I have RA so some days my hands are uncooperative.
These are my awardees, and a short note about each and why I chose them. In general, I included blogs I was bummed I forgot for the Liebster, and then went through my “posts I recently liked” list. Please stop by and visit them as well as visiting my nominator’s very cool and interesting blog. Accepting this award is optional, and supposed to be fun. Don’t feel you have to do it; nothing bad will happen if you choose not to. 🙂
Quarter Acre Home: This chick boggles my mind; she grew up in a city and is living her dream of living sustainably on about 1/4 of an acre. Having been raised on a thousand acre beef and horse farm, I find her blog fascinating. Her latest post, “Animal Rights VS Animal Welfare” is a must-read if you are conflicted or confused about eating and raising meat.
The Return of the Modern Philosopher: This is funny stuff, written by a real-life screenwriter. Latest post titles include “Zeus Announces Contest to Name New God” and “The Mourning After, or How to Deal With a Drunk Leprechaun“. I always laugh, and have something new to think about when I leave this page.
Rag Bag Originals: This is my friend Ruth Huismann’s blog. She works across the hall from me and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her, her spawn, her mom (who scares me a little), and her siblings. I admire her sense of humor and the things she does with fabric. It’s because of her that I am thinking about buying myself an American Girl doll–she makes the cutest clothes for them. She also makes mittens that encourage the myth of Minnesota Nice. (Ever try to flip someone the bird wearing mittens??)
The Wicker Woman: This is another local lady who is a very talented artist. She makes the COOLEST baskets with antler handles, re-canes furniture, and does many other amazing things. She has been creating literally as long as I have been alive, and has been blogging for 8 years.
Single Dad Laughing: This guy’s blog is kind, funny, smart, and honest, and I love the way he approaches parenting. I first found it through my sister, who suggested reading his post “16 Ways I Blew My Marriage.” Shortly after that, he posted “I’m Christian, Unless You’re Gay“, which is an eye opener for all faiths )or none) and sexual orientations. Most recently, he did an AMAZING thing for a neighbor of his, posting an appeal for help that resulted in a gift from his readers in the amount of $10,000. A great example of the good that can be done via the internet.
Fish of Gold: According to Fish of Gold herself, “FOG is a eclectic assortment of opinions, experiences, gripes, stories and fiction.” Honest, interesting, uplifting and funny stuff. Her New Year’s post brought a tear to my eye, and The Middle Finger: The Jolliest Finger of All made me laugh out loud. You are missing out if you don’t follow this fish.
Bananas and Prunes: This lady and her hubby Bill have recently moved back home with her mother to be her caretaker. Her latest adventure started with the question, “What Could Be Worse?” when she decided to clean out some of her mom’s belongings. I won’t spoil it, but it was freaking hilarious. I am still chuckling days later. Read this now.
Pouring My Art Out: His motto is “Ripping out my guts for your entertainment”. That sums it up nicely. Here, you will find adorable baby pics of his nephew Willy and pics of Saddam Hussein and Mother Theresa in footie (footy? feety?) pajamas. Kind of reminds me of myself….crazy, but in a fun, non-threatening way. Visiting this blog always makes me laugh, smile, and exclaim, “WTF is WRONG with you?!?!?” Good times, good times.